Saturday, March 12, 2011

Zooming on Symantec: Computer Security Concerns You and Me




What is Symantec?

  • Protecting against cyber risk is the first priority!
  • Creating solutions to virus, worms, cyber crimes,etc
  • Informing people of the danger of the cyberworld
Symantec came out with a series of software where consumers can use to protect themselves. From class, we know that we are very vulnerable to these cybercrimes, risks, virus or worms. With companies like Symantec, with extensive research and expertise in internet security, it has became one of the successful companies in the industry with leading products.

This page provides a VERY detailed pages of all the potential dangers of the cyberworld, helping us to understand more about each type of risk that we are exposed to. It is definitely a page worth the time to read!
http://us.norton.com/security_response/secureemail.jsp

A testimonial.

I'm not promoting for but just mentioning my experience with virus and worms. When I was in my first semester in UB, during com101 project, we downloaded videos to be showed during presentation. The next day, I found out that some weird virus had attacked the laptop and all the files kept on duplicating itself. Only then did I realize the threat of virus and worms. No choice, I had to reformat my laptop which caused me to lose everything all software. The moral of the story is that the risk is HUGE even what you downloaded was something so insignificance!

Ever since there, I was paranoid. I installed Norton360 (and also versions from UBIT!) in all my computers to prevent something similar happening again. I guess, it is really important to have protection on your computer to not only ward against virus and worms, they educate you on cybercrimes which you and I may fall prey to.

This article below should serve as a kindly reminder to be careful in whatever we click on the internet. We should be aware of our actions and behaviors while on the internet. This is concerning most of as with the rise of everything E. From e-banking to online shopping, we put ourselves in danger every time we engage in such activities.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Ask-Marian/Romanian-Cybercrime-Rings-Busted-Massive-Coordinated/ba-p/219810

No comments:

Post a Comment